Monday, September 23, 2013

Clean Living, Day One!

Stats
Time awake: 10:00 am
Weight: 165.0
Video Games Played: 0
Water: 2 liters, approximately
Caffeine: 1 cup of coffee only
Time to bed: approximately midnight (would love to get to bed earlier tomorrow!)

I've taken my measurements but I'VE GOT TO DRAW THE LINE SOMEWHERE! I'll keep track of them offline.

Food Eaten

Brunch - Steel-cut oats (approximately 2 cups), coffee with creamer (prepared by my sweetie without realizing it contains both sugar and dairy, which I'm not eating, but sweet nonetheless)

Afternoon snack - Roasted and unsalted chick peas (probably too many, but YUM!), ginger kombucha

Dinner - Tamari and ginger seasoned tempeh with zucchini and carrots, hot herbal tea with ginger, and lemon water

Snack - Banana and lemon water

Yoga

One run through of the Introductory Iyengar routine outlined by Geeta Iyengar in Yoga: A Gem for Women. (I want to do something a little more rigorous next time, although I can't really say I gave it 100% since we were watching Hemlock Grove while I was doing it. I know, I know.)

Insights

This has been fun. I'm looking forward to it. I'm soaking black-eyed peas for tomorrow, and I've soaked the mung beans and rice for kitchari. I was looking forward to making it for dinner but then I realized I made an appointment for acupuncture and a massage after work. I know, my problems seem insurmountable at times, but I'll make it. Somehow.

Also, I don't think I was supposed to watch Dredd twice and 3 episodes of Hemlock Grove while on my cleanse. It just felt ... dirty somehow. Although Dredd is SO. GOOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment